Tuesday, June 17, 2008

March Mania

Every since we have gotten back with Berik, I have tried to find a special day/date to have him baptized. Would it be our
Gotcha day? our court date? his birthday? Finally, as I was going through some papers I came across my stepdaughter, Jessi's, baptism certificate that was dated March 30th and that set everything into motion. We would celebrate Berik's birthday (March 27) on Sat March 29th and have his baptism on Sunday March 30th. Both kids would have the same baptism day. So most of the month was spent gearing up for back to back celebrations. Berik is very busy and is getting more vocal by the minute. He is growing and progressing so much everyday that I can hardly keep up. Each time someone sneezes, he says, "bess you" minus the "l" but close! He is stuck on counting his way or no way. Sometimes he will count with you but will not say one. If you say, say one, he says 2 and if you say 3, he says 4, when you say 5, he says 5 and then when you say 6, he says 7,8 and then you say 9 and he says 10 and claps and says yeah! Other times you say one and he says, two buckle yo shu and 3,4 hu the do (shut the door). One day in the car, he started saying i wanna pa de don,over and over, which translates into, I want to party down! No one knows where that one came from but it was good for his birthday month. Well by now you should get it, that he is on his own agenda and we pretty much just go with the flow and laugh! His fine motor skills are great, see for yourself. If you turn your back he will empty a thing of wipes in a flash. He is really into shoes and goes around saying, shoe on, shoe off, over and over again. He brings you shoes constantly and puts them or more like, forces them on your feet . He walks around in any shoes he can find and them when he isn't wearing them, he busies himself with taking out the shoestrings, which is really convenient when you are in a hurry :). Berik was more into the Easter baskets for daycare, then he was last month for Valentines day. He looked so funny in his Easter bunny glasses and he managed not to break them! Look at the haul he made from daycare. Mommy and daddy helped him out and ate a lot of the candy. We wouldn't want him to have cavities now would we? See,all for the good of Berik. This year, I wouldn't give up until I had the perfect Easter outfit for him. Not wanting to pay full price I turned to e-bay, bid on two and won them both! Oops! What to do now? So we wore one for Palm Sunday and one for Easter Sunday. I plan to re-sell them next year on e-bay. We will see how that goes. With my luck no-one will want them. He netted bunches of eggs while hunting them with his Sunday school class. Other than that, we ate with my parents and enjoyed a beautiful day at home. Then it was back to gearing up for the weekend to come. Family and friends came from near and far to help us celebrate. We had a fun birthday party at the park with hot dogs,baked beans, chips, etc. Berik had a lot of fun riding on my nephew's shoulders and playing with the other kids. His puppy dog cake was really cool and it was homemade for only $18.00. Can't beat that price with a stick! He got more than his fair share of gifts and I thought the present opening would never end. Thanks to all for everything! The next day we had his Baptism. The church had it set up for early in the service , as he is kind of squirmy. He sat in my lap and listened intently at one point to the choir. Just as they finished , he YELLED at the top of his lungs, YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND CLAPPED!! At that point the congregation began to laugh and clap along with him. Then it was his turn and needless to say he was quite excited but did good and he literally leaped out of my arms and into the arms of the preacher. All in all a really great experience! Afterwards we headed over to my parents and had brunch and special times with family and friends. I had his cross cake made for $20.oo, again a steal! Thanks to Gert for making both cakes. The were really good too! Berik got more gifts too, many thanks ! This pretty much concluded the month for us as we were wiped out of energy and $.

4 comments:

Susan said...

i am so excited-you are on march and it's only June!
You are almost caught up.
I do not see how you remember what happened in March in June, but you go girl.

Love seeing Berik tearing up the wipes. :) He is really a cutie pie.
I love his cakes too!

He is a hoot.

Can't wait to meet our Kaz kiddo. It seems wild to finally have a date!!
Just redid our entire dossier-oh boy!

Brian and Patti said...

Wow! I haven't been to your blog since we left for Kaz in February (somehow, the bookmark was deleted); Berik has grown so much in the past few months!

As we prepared for our trip, I told everyone that all I wanted was a healthy little boy. I was secretly hoping for healthy, happy little boy who was just as cute and adorable as Berik!! :)

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...

Good to see that you finally posted... although its not Kazapalooza! I have to say, when you told me a couple of weeks ago that you were far behind you werent kidding! Thats ok, it is amazing to see these pictures from then and realize that Berik is even bigger in real life!

Kelly and Sne said...

What wonderful memories and it's great that you were able to celebrate it all on the same day so it will be "family" day in the future. I am just getting caught up myself and glad to see I'm not the only one not able to update their blog as frequently as I'd like to! At one year, Miras seems to be all caught up in gross and fine motor skills (he is almost walking and is feeding himself finger foods) but also seems to be delayed in communication. We are attempting sign language but even that hasn't caught on yet...

Berik is such a cutie and really seems to be growing up fast. He looks like he is a really happy kid as well.