Wednesday, September 3, 2008

May On the go- On the go-On the go-


May started off with a trip to San Antonio, to join in a celebration for one of our best friends, sons, first Communion. We had our first experience in a crying room, there in the Catholic church. As we are Methodist, we don't have this but I might add, I rather liked it, quite well. Basically, he played and we watched and a good time was had by all! Berik and this little girl were most interested in playing in the cabinet.
We had lots of fun at our friends house and Berik's favorite place there was the play set out back. He fearlessly climbed to the top with lightning speed and I got this really cute picture of him before he zoomed down the slide. On the way home we stopped at the wildlife drive thru park and saw the animals. Berik enjoyed himself, although he was not as excited about it as we thought he might be. We will try this again when he gets older, as we love the animals.
Berik is getting better and better on car trips and we learn and play more and more games as he gets older. Jaimie and I just hate the whole video in the car thing and therefore, so far, we have not caved into that, although at times it sure would make it easier. We count lots of trees and cars, read books and sing songs. Unless Berik is totally wiped out, car rides for him are NOT soothing. Quite the opposite, stimulating to say the least, pointing out every white truck, "daddy's truck" , telling daddy, "drive daddy drive" over and over and over again. You know it's coming when you accelerate ,like getting on the highway or passing a car. Cute , the first few times, not as cute the next 50 times, but still cute! He tells the trees on our street bye when we leave, "bye tree, bye tree, bye tree" and if you chime in with "bye tree" then you get the whole toddler gone wild.. "NO, MY TREE!!!!!!!!!" Everything right now is HIS! After the 5 hour car trip from San Antonio, we got as much rest as you can during the work week and then took off to Southlake, only 3 hours , to see my brother and his family, to celebrate Mother's day. Friday night we watched my niece, (14 ) in an interactive melo-drama, where you throw popcorn at the villain. Before the play, they announced not to eat the stale yucky popcorn, just to throw it. Well, B certainly had the hang of throwing it so when we looked off from time to time but then discovered that he had eaten a whole bunch of it. The joke later was that they had probably used that same popcorn the night before! Saturday we shopped and played in the pool and Sunday we had a delicious breakfast at the Cheesecake factory . Berik walked hand in hand with Reid, my brother, and I just thought they were so cute. Jaimie let Berik sit on one of the many cows they have in that shopping area and Berik thought he was a big man!! After breakfast we went to church and we rounded out the day by hanging around the pool and exchanging mothers day gifts. I got a really beautiful James Avery cross from my boys and my sister in law gave me some new clothes, just because!

This month Berik finally won't sit in the highchair anymore so we got as much use out of it that we could. He can reasonably sit anywhere but we have just been using it. Isn't it funny that the switch just turns off, nope, not sitting there any more. His bed will be next. To date he has never tried to climb out of the crib and it switches to a toddler bed, but so far we just haven't switched. He only had one sinus infection this month so that was good for us. He continues to love the water , from the hose, to the pool, in the bath, anywhere! except toilet water, thank goodness! For that, he just loves the paper !! Berik is into glasses this month and I have two Superstar look alike moments for you! This first one, looks like Tom Cruise in Risky Businessand the second one he looks like Elton John. Neither, moment was planned , it just kind of happened. The last weekend in May, Jaimie drove over, to Alabama and picked up Jessi. 10 hours over and 10 hours back(no Berik), no one brave enough for that one for now. He was glad to see his "sissy" ! He loves her to no end! She is good with him and they play really well together. Since daycare, Berik has had some really cool artwork. He made this butterfly ( his footprints) in April but it didn't come home until May. It was the biggest butterfly in the whole room! He painted this pot for plant week. I am thrilled , as I love kids art! Well for now, I am outta here. Maybe one day I will be all caught up. I have lists of what he does to put on the blog but sitting down ,with uninterrupted time doesn't come often around here. Take Care. P.S.-I don't know how to get this silly underlining off of here so sorry you had to deal with that.

6 comments:

Maren and Peter said...

Hi there!
This is Rinat's mom at StanwardBound and I just wanted to check out your sweet Berik. He is absolutely adorable! I would also love to get info on Baheet if you find out what she is up to. And did you guys have Gulsanna as your translator? I am dying to find her too. Anyway, if you have any info on them it would be much appreciated. Thanks so much and I just can't get enough of your little guy. So cute!
-maren

Susan said...

Hey! what a great UDPATE! I love watching cutie Berik grow up. He is soooooooooooooooooooooo handsome!! I applaud you for not getting the video on the car. Sean has always wanted one,and I have saidNO NO NO! I prefer to talk or sing in the car.:)
Of course, we don't take that many long roadtrips either!
I'm glad Berik did so well on the trip. Leeza loves to crawl in the lil cabinet in the vistitation room here too!

I'm impressed you take the time to write down all this stuff so you can post it!
I am excited to hear bout June, July, August too! You are almost caught up!
I am spendnig a lot of time online now cuz I know once Leeza is on the scene, I will have much much less time to blog and check blogs.

You have always been such a wonderful support for us while we waited for our lil blessing! I really appreciate it!
I'm glad you heard from Gulsana.
Let me know if you want me to tell Tatiana anything else so she can call.

We won't be going thru Astana anymore so I won't get to meet her. darn it!

Berik is so charming and I hope we get to meet sometime. I hope we can both make it to Kazapoolza next summer!

xoxoxoxo

Karen said...

Great update—love the Tom Cruise moment. Berik is such a cool little dude, very cute. It looks like you have a very loving family, which is wonderful to see. Keep those posts coming.

Karen

Regina said...

Hello! Just stopping by to say hello and see what's new.

I love Berik's "looks" in his glasses. You were right on the money in your celebrity choices! But Berik is going to be a celebrity of his own I bet.

I love kid's artwork too. I can't wait to have Milo's beautiful masterpieces gracing our walls and fridge. :-)

Sounds like you are all doing well and Berik is as cute as ever. What a handsome little darling!

junglemama said...

Love the picture of him pn the potty. What a big boy!

Maegan and Tony Van Sant said...

Awesome post guys! Good to see an update. Granted, it was great to talk to you the other day! We miss you guys. The picture of Jessi and Berik is great. Send her our best, and hopefully she will come to Kazapalooza again.

Talk to you guys soon.

Love,
Maegan, Tony and Tay