Saturday, December 30, 2006

December 30, 2006 Adventure Day!!

The morning started out fantastic, except for a few presents that Berik gave to mommy, 1 pee, and 3 poopies all in a row, now that's what I call an eye opener for sure. Not to mention a great way to clean your sinuses. He was in a good mood, laughing and giggly as he is most of the time, as he played with mommy, daddy fixed his porridge with eggs and got the rest of his breakfast ready. Jump to lunch time, we are waiting for our translator to bring some documents for us to sign, well she shows up at 11:45, just as we are fixing to put Berik down for his power nap, and then eat lunch ourselves. Gulsana proceeds to tell me that we will have lunch with the other families and then go to Ice City, and do a few more errands that we needed to do. Once all this was completed we would fill out the documents at our apartment later. So much for any advanced notice at all, we got ready and left and went to my least favorite place to eat, I call it the "Horse Meat Cafe", it is a traditional Kazakh restaurant. The only thing that they have there that Gena and I like is the Kazakh bread, fried donut holes,mmmmh! They are yummy for the tummy!




We did however find something that we liked, Chinese Meat and Frees. We left there and went to Ice City, it's a place that is created along some type of water way. They build everything from blocks of Ice; sculptures, slides, castles, and of course Father Frost is present as well. Gena and Berik went down the small slide twice, man that was hilarious,







then of course it was my turn, absolutely great fun.
Gena (top) and Kevin (bottom) went down the big slide while Pam, Berik and I watched and laughed hysterically as they came sliding down..
Kevin and Pam are with the same agency as we are and have just recently arrived. After this we ventured into the ever popular RamStore(over priced Walmart). Now time to fill out documents, also time for the little man to go nappy time, this is when Mr. Hyde appeared, cried and screamed for 30 minutes, he stopped long enough to catch his breath. Finally!, he went to sleep, but only briefly, but the papers were done by this time, so all is well that ends well. Supper time for little man and then his new favorite thing, bath time, then play a little, nite nite. Hope everyone has a great New Year. Love to all! Jaimie, Gena & Berik

P.S. Last night I went and bought our plane tickets for our flight to Almaty,

and was given Berik's passport, adoption certificate and birth certificate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah!! yes!! I am so happy for you all. Things seem to be moving at last.I know the closer the time gets for you to come home the antzy you must get. I know you are anxious.I would be thats for sure.Talk to you later. With my love, Aunt Liz

Anonymous said...

Opps I for got to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR,lOVE AUNT LIZ

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Aunt Liz's daughter Alesia in Georgia. I have been keeping up with your adventures through my mom and just wanted to let you know how very excited I am for your family. My prayers are with you for a safe return and a very Happy New Year!!

Anonymous said...

Yuckola! That meat looks so very nasty! I would stick to the donut holes and french fries! Can't wait until ya'll get home so we can see him...explosive diapers and all! :)